Monday 13 August 2012

11"inch Variable Friction Magic Arm + Super Clamp

I've just ordered one of these off eBay.


It's an 11"inch Variable Friction Magic Arm + Super Clamp. I'm going to use it to attach my GoPro in various positions whilst I'm out taking video's, so hopefully get some nice unusual shots.

Adam the camera man from the BBC recommended it to me, so thanks for that Adam. It's a lot easier than fiddling with my current GoPro set up of attaching various mounts together to get an arm you can adjust. With the magic arm you can pop it where you want a with one turn of the screw it locks the whole arm in position.

Re -Magic Arm + Clamp

WoW that was pretty quick the Magic Arm arrived today. It's a very sturdy bit of kit and should make for some great angles, "watch this space" .My only concern is that the arm is so sturdy when it's clamped in place thatit could possibly dent or bend my frame in the event of a spill. This is something I'm going to have to keep an eye on.

Can't wait to see what angles and interesting shots I can get. I've got a covert movie making session planned  que evil laugh"Muhahahaha".

I will do a full review of the Magic Arm after I test it out, should be fun....

2 comments:

  1. Been looking for something like that for the Go Pro to allow more filming angles,
    look forward to seeing how it works

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take some shots when it arrives Bruce and write a little bit of feedback. It will be interesting to see how stable the arm is and ease of use.

    The arm comes in 2 sizes a 7" inch or an 11" inch version. I opted for the longer one as I thought it might give some good angles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Comment