Wednesday 5 September 2012

Ended up in Struther's Wood

We had a drive down to the Hamsterley Hall Gate House which is on the B6310 and drove along the road until we came upon the road which leads into Hamsterley Hall. As it's private access into the Hall we parked up just along the trail from the Entrance.

Our plans where to just have a leisurely stroll through the woods and take in the scenery, maybe get a few photo's along the way.

We walked until we came to a sign for the Pont Stones and continued up a trail, unfortunately we didn't discover any stones as the trail just seemed to fade out into the surrounding woodland. I used my mobile and Google maps to pin point our location and it appeared we were in Struther's Wood.

Struther's Wood

Mr Hinks had a bit play around, jumping over a fallen tree and rolling around in the undergrowth. He then proceeded to play with a stick and thoroughly enjoyed being let of his leash for a while.

Mr Hinks, doesn't usually jump, he's too lazy lol

Hinks having loads of fun, Ern watching on

We then proceeded back down the trail and continued in a wide loop back towards our car. I was taking various photo's on the way round of stuff I found interesting, however when I've got home and checked the images I was disappointed to find the shots were pretty naff. It's weird sometimes i can go out using the exact same camera and come away with great shots, then on another day I'm lucky if I get one or two. Ahh well that's the beauty of digital photography you can just wipe your memory card and go out and shoot on another day.

So anyhoo we continued walking around the trail towards our car, Hinks was still off and he suddenly stopped in the middle of the trail. This usually means he has spotted something and yes he had another dog. Now wor Hinks is usually fine around other dogs, yes he's a bit boisterous and can play rough, but he is friendly. Well I don't know what upset him, Ern reckons the other dog a Springer Spaniel growled at Mr Hinks, so he proceeded to try and have a go at it. So I'm shouting me heed off I mean I couldn't run (I blame the NHS they won't provide me with a blade lol). Wor Hinks is now in the process of chasing this Springer all over the shop. I then shout at my dad to run and get Hinks, to which he replies "I can't bloody run". Yeah sometimes I forget he's almost 72 years old lol. Anyways eventually get down to Hinks and grab him and there's no real harm done. The lady and gentleman who had the other dog apologized saying there dog could be a "bit funny" and I also said sorry for wor Hinks behaviour, the ickle git. I then grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and pinned him down and repeated "No, No,No" in a stern voice. Probably doesn't do any good but made me feel better. Then he was informed "No more getting let off you bad dog".

This is one of the last shots i took as we came out of thee woods. This tree and the bit growing on it caught my eye. I know what it looks like to me but you might see something else.....

I know what it looks like to me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment