Monday 13 May 2013

Ahh what the hell summers coming time for a new bike

So since getting my new job, been there just over a month, got my first pay packet I decided to treat myself to a new ride.

Don't get me wrong I love my Fat Bike I just fancied something else to play around on, something I could have a go at jumping about on and blasting round in local woodland. I didn't want a full on DH rig as to be fair I've tried that out and ended up selling the bike as it wasn't being used to it's full potential.

So I opted to go for a NS Soda Air. The Soda can handle everything I could potentially throw it's way and I should be able to pedal it to and from where ever I fancy visiting.

I ordered my bike from Damian Harris Cycles and have to say they were spot on over the phone. I'm hoping to get delivery of my bike around Thursday, so fingers crossed we will have a nice weekend and I can get some good pics and maybe even a video shot.

http://www.damianharriscycles.co.uk/

Until I get some pics of my own here are some I sourced from the internet along with NS's promo video of the Soda in action.










Bike Specs :

 - Frame: Soda FR w/152-177mm (6-7") adjustable rear wheel travel, A6061-T6 custom formed and butted tubes, internal cable guide routing option
- Shock: Rock Shox Monarch Plus R, 216x63mm (8.5x2.5”)
- Fork: Rock Shox Liryk R Solo Air, 170 adjustable travel, 20mm axle, alloy tapered steer tube
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS, ACB cartridge bearings
- Cockpit: NS Quark Pro 31.8 stem, NS Evidence handlebar, Octane One bolt-on long grips
- Brakes: Avid Elixir 5 180mm rear & front
- Shifters: SRAM SX5 10spd
- Derailleur: SRAM X7 medium cage rear, 10spd
- Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP 73 mm
- Crank: Truvativ Descendant, alloy 36t chainring, 170mm
- Chainguide: E13 LS1+ (no bashguard)
- Chain: KMC DX-10SC, 1/2''x11/128'' for 10 spd
- Cassette: Sram PG-1030 10 speed 11-36
- Rims: NS Trailmaster 2 32h
- Hubs: NS Rotary 20 disk (sealed bearing), NS Rotary Cassette (sealed bearings, alu cassette)
- Spokes: Black spokes w/14mm nipples
- Tires: Maxxis Ardent 26x2.35 folding
- Seatpost: Kind Shock Dropzone 425mm, 125mm travel
- Saddle: Octane One Rocker Pro w/alloy titanium rail
- Pedals: NS Aerial (sealed bearings)
- Bike weight: ~14.9 kg (M size, including pedals)


2 comments:

  1. Now I may have to build a bigger storage facility.On the other hand I could convert the dining room into a bike workshop/showroom,only means knocking the wall out beneath the window and fitting double patio doors .Who needs a dining room when it seems it only gets used for xmas dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to need a garage building Ern when I get my new car lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Comment