Tuesday 11 March 2014

If you go down to the woods today you might see an amputee

Well I've had the most enjoyable couple of days, playing down local woods on my bike. I'm off work for a week so decided to try and get out as much as possible and lets face it the weather has been fantastic.


Yesterday I spent a really nice afternoon with my friend Ade and his son Simon. Basically just messing around with my GoPro and Ade getting a few shots with his camera. Sometimes it's not even about the riding it's just about spending time with friends and having a laugh.



)

Anyhoo when I got home and went to look through my video footage from my GoPro I was gutted to find the camera had over exposed on almost all the shots. Weird as I haven't experienced this before. 

I decided to check on the line and see if anyone else had had this problem (oh using a GoPro Hero 3 Black btw). Well it appears quite a few people have encountered the same problem, however all the posts I found seemed to be from folk who where out on the snow boarding or skiing.

Next step was to do a firmware update,no big deal the camera updated without a problem. Now when I turn my camera on it says v03.00, not sure if this relates to the model as in Hero 3 or if it is indeed the firmware version.

Next on the list of things to do was make sure my camera was shooting in PAL and spot metering set to OFF.


Ok all this done, so headed out today. Decided it would be a good idea to ride more or less in the same area and se how the camera preformed.

Well it did a little better, however you will see when you look at the video that the sky in places is way over exposed, it's like neon blue. I haven't a clue how to fix it. I have been trying to use Cyberlink Powerdirector however when you adjust any colours in the settings the dam video starts skipping.


)

Next step is to try my Hero 2 and see if it does the same, then maybe get on to GoPro and see what they say.

Never mind had an enjoyable couple of days, just chillin and messing about...


BTK






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment